1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Chicago Code

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Andy _ Kent

Andy _ Kent Member

Well, I am clearly not in the target demographic but Chicago Code was a must-see for me every week. Between 8 and 9 I'm usually busy getting my 7-year-old son ready for bed and would try to squeeze in an episode of How I Met Your Mother. But I was locked in for Code from 9-10 and then Hawaii Five-O from 10-11. I liked starting off my week that way.

That being said, last night's season finale was very solid, and until going on here just now I had no idea the show was being cancelled. I was starting to think up plot lines for how Gibbons was going to get out of jail, etc., for the second season. I guess I can stop guessing now.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Jennifer Beals, Jason Clarke and Delroy Lindo all deserved better than a half-season and done with this, IMHO. A very, very good show.

At least they didn't leave it hanging at the end.

3. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Shawn Ryan said Delroy Lindo only signed on for the first season, so this was the "expected" ending anyway. He did say if they had (have?) a second season, he'd hope to have him on for a couple of episodes. Here were some of his Tweets from earlier today:

#TheChicagoCode was up in ratings for the 3rd straight week. 2nd in the time period, 1st in all key male demos. Yet still cancelled for now.

Thnx to all who watched #TheChicagoCode last night and gave us a nice bump. We're doing everything we can to see if there's a future for it.

I'm trying all options. RT @Deggans fans keep asking me -- any hope of life on FX or elsewhere in cable?

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Glad they tied it up, though I too hope it gets another shot. Unlike a lot of cop shows it "felt" real, the offices were messy, the location shooting etc.

And yet the networks are trying to get the Mad Men crowd with Pan Am and The Playboy club - what they fail to realize is that if Mad Men got the kind of numbers it gets on AMC - they would cancel it in a week.

I wonder if it would have made a difference if Ryan stayed at Fox instead of moving over to Sony.

Draft saved Draft deleted