1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Chicago Code

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by EStreetJoe, Feb 7, 2011.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Saw the premier episode tonight and it was solid and has the potential to be even better.
    Considering it's created and produced by Shawn Ryan (whose previous credits include The Shield) there should be little doubt as to the quality.
    It's not on the level of The Shield, but it's definitely a series I'm going to stick with for a while.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's in that post-House death slot for Fox though. Even without football to siphon its audience, I set the O/U at how long before it's shelved in favor of House or Lie To Me reruns at 2.5. I'd bet the under.

3. I have very little faith in network television these days, I'm afraid. I liked tonight's pilot episode, but I kept thinking it -- like almost every show -- would be so much better on cable. I'm spoiled by HBO/AMC/FX.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Looks good, got great reviews and has been hyped like mad.

Unfortunately on Fox, that means they have two weeks to get ratings.

5. SteveRep44

SteveRep44 Member

Isn't this, more or less, the show they picked to take over for 24?

They might have a month to get ratings before ABC launches the next round of Dancing With the Stars.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Liked it enough. A bit worried that the characters will become too cartoonish or comic-booky. Thought the worst of them would be the corrupt politician, but that guy played the part pretty well.

7. NDub

NDub Guest

I watched it and enjoyed it. Jennifer Beals is freakin 47 and looks like that?! Dayum.

I got a little confused on some names as they were being dropped like crazy throughout the course of many conversations between many people, but I pretty much followed the plot.

I like that Polish detective guy. I can't think of his name right now.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

She's a maniac on the floor. :D

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

And it shows.

10. NDub

NDub Guest

/over my head

Also, this woman is 47.

http://bagofbirds.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/0000036791_20070105172953.jpg

Christ.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

um, you're kidding right?

or maybe i'm just older than dirt....

glad i dvr'd it. looking forward to watching....

12. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I saw most of the first episode and my initial reaction was meh. Its an ok show, but I think it would be better on FX, or another cable channel. Southland, The Shield and obviously the Wire are all better cop shows.

Isn't the corrupt Alderman (Candy store) Rodney from Clockers?

Draft saved Draft deleted