1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Chevy Volt

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Mar 19, 2009.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If you're driving the normal 15,000-20,000 miles a year maybe. I've had mine two years and am right at 59,000 miles. In another three or four years it'll be time for a new one.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

3. T2

T2 Member

That might be a problem for a "pure" electric that runs on nothing but a battery. But the Volt also has a gasoline engine. If you go beyond the battery's range, your only problem would be finding a gas station supplied with gasoline. Most of them are.

On a different angle, it seems that those who worry about energy supplies are sending us mixed signals. Around here, in the name of conservation the electric utilities are under orders to reduce their sales by several percent over the next several years. To accomplish this, Allegheny Power is running commercials reminding viewers to turn out the lights. I'm not kidding. Meanwhile, however, environmentalists are promoting concepts like the Volt, which would gobble several kilowatt-hours every night. So which is it? Are we supposed to use less electricity, or more?

Draft saved Draft deleted