1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Cheap Beer thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Flash

Flash Active Member

Sorta. Married a Yank and been living in the Bible Belt of the PNW for six years now. ;)

I Should Coco likes this.
  2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

PBR BUD Miller Lite all awful. Coors Lite was only tolerable because cheap and easiest hangover.

Mickeys big mouth, now that was beer!!

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

There ya go!

Edit: Forgot to include Ride with Stubby

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Since I've slowed down big time on the big-ass IPAs, I've re-developed an affinity for a simple High Life with a bourbon back. Gets the job done quicker without the ugly tummy hangover the next day.

5. Busch Light is my go to cheap beer.
    Yeungling Golden Pilsner is the best cheap beer I’ve ever had. Really good.

Get tired of IPA’s of late been enjoying a lot of Corona Light.

Used to love Molson Gold, but stopped after every 12 pack started tasting skunked.

Had some Moosehead Lager a few weeks ago... very good. Forgot how good Canadian Lager is!

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeungling is my go to cheap beer. I also love Moosehead, but it costs as much as my local craft beer does. That gets into a matter of choice and what I'm in the mood for.

Liut likes this.
  7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Where abouts?

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Cheap Canadian beer Hall of Fame. OV in a 7-ounce split was a staple of the beer tent at my hometown's annual July 4th carnival. The entire town had the worst gas on July 5.

Liut and Huggy like this.
  9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

You could get Carling in cans at Strange Matter down by VCU. They may still sell it at a bodega on Cleveland in the Museum District. It's proper Canuckistan swill.

10. Flash

Flash Active Member

Spokane, WA

11. Flash

Flash Active Member

I remember those bottles being scattered all over our backyard after family reunions.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Ah, Eastern Washington.

Draft saved Draft deleted