1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Cheap Beer thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'm becoming blind apparently.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Round the clock masturbation takes a toll.

swingline and Vombatus like this.
  3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Not really beer, but gimme Colt .45s. Preferably inside a plain brown paper bag.

Damn, I miss Olympia.

4. spadjo martin

spadjo martin Member

I've made the rounds with a lot of those. Bud was my go-to beer and then it started giving me headaches. Switched to Stroh's and after a while the same thing. Ditto Rolling Rock. I haven't had that happen with Yuengling or PBR yet.

5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Can't you just stick a mouse in an empty bottle and get a free case?

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Please restrict such shameful admissions to the first person.
    An attempt to mitigate your embarrassment through use of the second person plural does not fly.
    You (second person singular) were young. You (second person singular) drank Zima. The rest of us did not.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I tried one, really half of one. It tasted like Prestone smells.

Hermes likes this.
  8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

There are times when I question how much of a journalism board SJ still is. Then we get a quality post like Buck's. And that kerning stuff. All great.

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

If you were just hanging with guys the Zima was pretty much unacceptable. But if girls wanted Zima and there was no more Crazy Horse or Yuenglings left, it was OK to have a Zima. Kind of like in Superbad when Evan said he would get Kyle's Killer Lemonade for Jules.

10. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

It isn't on the list ... but being a Chicago-area native, I have to put in a"good" word for Old Style. Went into one of my home town's local dives during my first return to the area in years and ordered one for old times sake -- and damned if it wasn't bad. Was the first beer I ever drank (stolen bottle from the parents' refrigerator) and first one I got drunk on in high school around '75 or so. That stuff was about the only beer we drank in high school.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    Liut and I Should Coco like this.
  11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Bronco, I too consumed my share of Old Styles. The following ad mentions "krausening," which I have heard as a synonym for "plastered." As in, "He's fully krausened tonight!"

Liut and Bronco77 like this.
  12. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

For NY-NJ, one not on that list is Rheingold. Not 100% sure, but think in late 80s-early 90s case of Rheingold or Schaeffer was $8 or $9.

Draft saved Draft deleted