1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Chase, 20th anniversary (running thread)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Got a bachelor party coming up?

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/oscars/2012/11/oj-simpson-white-bronco-peter-brant-nate-lowman-party-prop

2. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

I was also in high school, on vacation with my family in Kansas City. We were at the Royals-Mariners game that night (my first at Kauffman, and both Griffey and Edgar Martinez hit bombs).

We were sitting in a section in front of the club suites, and a few innings in we noticed that people were gathered outside of them, presumably trying to watch the televisions inside. We wondered aloud what was going on and a guy nearby (based on earlier reports of the arrest warrant) joked, "Maybe it's O.J. running from the cops."

It was.

That was a memorable sports summer. My brother became a huge Canucks fan for reasons unknown (we grew up in an Illinois cornfield) and I was a baseball fanatic trying to grapple with the inevitable strike.

3. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

By far the strangest story to come out of the OJ chase, and it's not about OJ.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/rival-tv-chopper-pilots-covered-o-chase-transgender-women-article-1.1836648

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

It is indeed the 20th anniversary of The Chase.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

-6 and -6

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Doing PR for another mid-level sporting event and the group of us watching knew we might as well pack it in and go sightseeing.

Draft saved Draft deleted