1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Catch

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tom Petty, May 26, 2007.

1. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

As for the NFL version:

I graduated from the same high school that produced Jerry Tubbs, the first starting middle linebacker from the Cowboys' expansion season and Landry's linebacker coach for 20 years. My mom still does tax work for Jerry.

Also, 37 miles up U.S. Highway 183 is the little town where Bob Lilly grew up.

That I was old enough to realize the significance of those facts while they were still playing left an indelible mark on me.

And so, I say in total sincerity to all who celebrate that play: Fuck you and everything you hold sacred.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

hey tex, how'd that whole shithole of a town turn out for bob?

3. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

There's a sign on the courthouse square that says "Welcome to the Hometown of Dallas Cowboy Bob Lilly"

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://www.boblilly.com/html/Dallas-Cowboys-NFL-TCU-Bob-Lilly.htm

But Lilly graduated high school in Oregon. The only reason why I knew this is that Ray Mansfield (God rest his soul) told a great story about his first varsity football game and Lilly was involved. Classic story.

Has Lilly cured that blink reflex yet?

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

didn't bob, who is one helluva guy, have to leave texas while in high school because his family couldn't afford to eat? i believe they moved somewhere in the PNW, although i can't, for the life of me, remember where.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

to this day, tcu has not retired lilly's number.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

asked and answered. thanks for the link. i thought it was somewhere in portland. who woulda guessed the east side of the state?

Draft saved Draft deleted