1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Case of Duckett v. Rabid Harpy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Nov 21, 2006.

1. http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/family-sues-cnn-and-nancy-grace-over/20061121115509990010?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Probably no chance it'll ever get to verdict, but I'm going to be loving the discovery process on this one. And I will buy a ticket for the plaintiff's cross.

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Picture 2 of 5 with that story is priceless.

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Mother killed the kid.

Grace did nothing wrong.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

It's not a matter of whether she did something wrong. It's a matter of whether she committed a tort against the dead woman.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

This thread should really be retitled. It's terribly offensive to rabid harpys everywhere.

6. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Mmmmm... Tort [/Homer]

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Well, you show me video of Grace with the gun to Duckett's head, forcing her to be interviewed, and you may sway me.

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

False dichotomy. She doesn't have to do that to commit a tort.

9. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Show me Grace saying Duckett killed the boy.

BTW, that is not an example of a false dichotomy.

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

All I'm saying is that if Grace's actions caused emotional distress to the woman, however culpable she might have been in a murder, and that distress led to her suicide, then there is a case. Intent is not necessarily needed when a legally defined "reasonable person" could have foreseen the outcome.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Well, one cannot foresee suicide by a mother when her young child is out there needing to be saved.

12. I thought Nancy Grace had no fans.
    I was wrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted