1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The case for Florida

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bruhman, Dec 2, 2006.

1. GFav44

GFav44 Member

I'll do you one better...

Florida 62
    D-1AA Western Carolina 0

Now, I know Miami played a D-1AA school one year and beat the crap outta them too. But, that team went on to win and make the playoffs. Western Carolina? 2-9. Yeah, very impressive win Florida.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm for whatever creates the most controvery, because that's the only way we'll ever get a playoff...

Go Michigan!

3. GFav44

GFav44 Member

LOL...why is the color guy making the argument for Florida to play in the NC??? More over, why did he TOTALLY disrespect Michigan by saying they are a second place team??? Too funny

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Dear dumbass,

Evar is pretty well-known internet-speak. And your argument is so stupid, I'm convinced you can't be serious about it.

That's called me giving you credit.

5. Bruhman

Bruhman Active Member

that's the worst timing ever for a gatorade bath.

and michigan IS a second-place team. that's not being disrespectful. it's a fact.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Michigan is a better team than Florida. It's won its games more impressively and its one loss is a better loss. The question is if you think Michigan had its shot or if it should get a rematch. I personally think Michigan already had its shot. And Florida is impressive enough--getting through the SEC with one loss--that it should be get a chance at OSU.

This BS would so easily be settled if they just took the top four teams and played 1 vs. 4 and 2 vs. 3 and had the winners face off. You rarely have more than four teams that belong in the discussion. They could make all of the playoff games bowl games if you wanted.

7. patchs

patchs Active Member

I'm with you on that one.
    The fact that Ds IAA, II and III can have playoffs and DI can't is utter hypocrisy.
    16-team playoff with conference champs and at-large bids would make March Madness look like a JV holiday X-mas tourney.

8. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

i think guy morriss would disagree with that

9. patchs

patchs Active Member

Michigan lost by 3 points at OSU.
    Unless Fla kicks ass, the Wolverines deserve another shot.
    Unless there's another 1-loss team that's worthy?

10. Bruhman

Bruhman Active Member

Unfortunately, all we can go on is speculation. While Michigan indeed might be a better team, none of the above proves it.

11. GFav44

GFav44 Member

Agreed. College football "playoff" system is very subjective.

12. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

OK. How about Florida has defeated more Top 25 opponents than Michigan? Not that "margin of victory over one common opponent" isn't a great tiebreaker.

You're so busy trying to compare the teams' losses that you're ignoring the full body of work.

Is it close. Yes.
    Can you make a good argument for either team? Yes.
    Are you a fucking moron? Sure looks that way.

Draft saved Draft deleted