1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Canucks Are Coming! The Canucks Are Coming!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Bring 'em on. Will Alberta follow? Or will they hold out for Division I?

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yes sir

3. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Wow, I thought this would be a thread about scoring tickets to see Roberto Luongo and the Sedin twins. My bad.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

So that explains why UBC & Simon Fraser suck big time at CIS football. They don't teach the kids the correct game.

No wonder they want to join NCAA. They can't beat anybody in the the Western Canadian universities. Take your pick: Golden Bears, Huskies, the Bisons.

Hell, any team in the Atlantic Conference--including Mount Allison could beat those pussies from BC.

5. Flash

Flash Guest

No rouge, 11 men, ground and pound ball .... :D

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Thems be fighting words my friend

7. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

From my days at the U of A, all I can remember is that a Golden Bear is more than a good suntan.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Simon Fraser is still in the NAIA. Played in the NAIA softball tournament last spring, in fact.

Also in the NAIA1: UBC and the University of Alberta.

1That's the National Association of Ineligible Athletes.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Yeah but football dropped out, right?

10. Flash

Flash Guest

The other problem is that the players who go on to CJFL, especially Okanagan Sun and whatever, have to learn Canadian rules.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

They are in the NAIA in certain sports. Football and basketball they are in th CIS

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

But JC, why would you have Canadian high school kids play American rules football? I mean, it doesn't make any sense. Particularly for those who go on to play CIS ball.

Draft saved Draft deleted