1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The calling each other names thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I get it that some of you just can't abide each other. You've got a longtime history of sniping at each other. The other guy is a moran. I understand that sometimes someone makes a point in a way that rubs you the wrong way, or is an anal retentive pedantic jerk, or not only argues about how many angels can dance on the head of a pin but repeatedly asserts that he knows exactly what size dance shoes they wear and is incredibly full of shit.

You get pissed off and take a crack at him and it escalates, oh yeah sez who, push you, shove me, elementary school style.

When it's all too much, here's a thread where you can come and call your favorite target a pinhead from the shallow end of the gene pool or whatever else makes you happy. Just do the rest of us (who might like to say some of the same sort of things, but don't) with a shred of restraint a favor and quit doing it in the politics thread and getting it locked. Again.

You do it over and over. Grow the fuck up, or at least quit doing it at the table with the grownups. We'll set up a card table in the back room for you.

No doubt I'll catch some shit for saying this, but it's worth it to me just to get it off my chest.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Roll Tide.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Man I really coulda used this nine or 10 years ago, @outofplace.

outofplace likes this.
  5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Also, in before lock.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Why isn't anyone calling anyone else names yet?

7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

this thread has the half life of a fart in the wind. But while we're here! I sometimes slip into personal attacks bc I'm human and the like. But for the most part I never call people names unless they come at me with condescending replies or personal attacks. Those people are nonces. In before the lock

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Be patient, you impatient jerk.

melock likes this.
  9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

My son has a couple friends over - third-graders. They were talking about vegetarianism as I just walked in from work, and his one little friend announced: “My sister is a vegetarian, but she does eat hamburgers.”

My son responded, immediately: “Then she’s not a vegetarian.”

#ProudAsHell

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Apparently you didn't understand the thread, bc your son is a fucking know-it-all

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

And it stirs my soul.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's a good idea, but it has been tried before. If I remember correctly, the moderators didn't care for it and pissed-off posters didn't use it. Most of the ugliness stayed on the threads where it started and the thing either faded or was locked quickly.

Draft saved Draft deleted