1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The C Word

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KG, Jan 26, 2009.

1. KG

KG Active Member

I just thought I'd give an update. My mom is through with the "red devil" chemo and on to her final 12 other chemo treatments. We won't know anything about the size of the tumor (if it shrank any) until her MRI, which will be after all the chemo is over.

Something awesome I'd like to add, a mommy shout out, is that she will be graduating with a bachelors in business management in a couple of weeks. She really is an amazing woman. She's been going to school, working full time, taking care of my sister's two kids alot and going through chemo. Oh, she's also diabetic too. She's so my hero.

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Happy Mothers Day to your mom, KG....she sounds like an awesome lady.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

They usually say "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" as a pejorative. However, I think it can and should also apply in a positive sense.

She sounds like an awesome woman who raised an incredibly awesome daughter. You and she are in my thoughts.

4. Sending some good karma your way, KG.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

kg: gk.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Your mom sounds amazing, KG. Thoughts, prayers and all that stuff from here. Best of luck to both of you.

7. AgatePage

AgatePage Active Member

I've never met the woman, and she's my hero too.

It's funny, our ME was talking about "what sort of story should we do this year for mother's day?" for the sunday paper. I can't ever imagine a more appropriate person to profile.

I'm givin you all the good vibes I've got, God help me.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

glad she's doing well, kg. and i'm glad you're holding up.

Draft saved Draft deleted