1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bush Administration -- A Committment To Excellence

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 10, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

That headline rules, dammit! It was a perfect homage to fenian!

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's a no-win job, in that you're never your own man/woman. You're a towel boy/girl for the president.

I've never been able to respect Moyers after his sustained shilling for that ugly crooked pig under which he served.

And if I think THAT, you can imagine what I think of most of the recent models.

3. George Soros is behind Scott McClellan's book

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/30118_The_Soros-McClellan_Connection

4. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

And that has what to do with the facts laid out in the book?

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Whatever.

SOMEBODY would have published this thing. No doubt. Scotty wasn't going to wind up an orphan, with the story he's telling.

6. Shouldn't the consumer know that the book is coming from an ultra-liberal sponsored source?

Consider the source used to mean something to you people. Now it seems the X-files "I want to believe!" mindset has taken over.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

But it doesn't change the content.

Harshest spin I think you can put on this thing is that by doing this, Scotty's clearly looking for the payday.

Press secretaries have been tapdancers for as long as I've been a witness. Salinger covered up all of JFK's whoring around. Ad infinitum.

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Public Affairs Press is an imprint within the Perseus Books Group.

Under the Perseus umbrella, they also publish some other far out lefties like Christopher Hitchens, Richard Brookhiser and Michael Novak.

Not to mention, this:

[​IMG]

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://www.politico.com/blogs/michaelcalderone/0508/CNNs_Yellin_Network_execs_killed_critical_White_House_stories_.html

Probably deserves its own thread, but...

"On Wednesday night, CNN's Jessica Yellin talked to Anderson Cooper about Scott McClellan's tell-all memoir and agreed with the former press secretary that White House reporters "dropped the ball" during the run-up to war.

But Yellin went much further, revealing that news executives — presumably at ABC News, where she'd worked from July 2003 to August 2007 — actively pushed her not do hard-hitting pieces on the Bush administration."

Ugh.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

The source is the author. Unless the author is going to argue that the publisher changed his words, the source remains the author.

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Was Jack Valenti press Secretary for LBJ? Now I wasn't around but know a thing or two. Could you argue that Johnson (good and bad) was the most influential post WWII president? Vietnam, passage of Civil Rights, Great Society. In a lot of ways our society is still dealing with his policies 50 years later.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

One of his right hand men.

That's Valenti at far left.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted