1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bush Administration -- A Committment To Excellence

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Dec 10, 2007.

1. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

[​IMG]

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Brady took a bullet for Ronnie. End of vote.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

Well, for respected for that, yes (and the subsequent work on gun control he and his wife have done).
    Influential? Well, he was only in that post for over 2 months.
    For influential, I vote Salinger.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You are all just a bunch of Bush Bashers and America haters. I give her credit for admitting it, but having read a few daily press transcripts from the WH, that has to be one of the toughest gigs there is. Not only are you asked questions about situations throughout the globe, you have to answer them the way the administration wants them answered. But what do you expect, she's a former TV journo.

5. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

To be fair, the other listeners were playing easier games. She was playing "Not My Job," where they deliberately ask questions about things they don't expect that person to know. Her category was "You're Cast Away on the Island of the Misfit Toys," and they asked her three obscure questions about "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer."

But yeah, I heard her go on about the Cuban Missile Crisis and went, "Wait...is she serious?"

And the goal is not to win "something" for the listener. It's to win Carl Kasell's voice on their home answering machine!

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Bullshit. It's high school-level American history, tops.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Can't we bash Bush and be ambivalent about America?

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Apparently not.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Sorry, but that shows a complete lack of historical perspective that is essential for someone who's going to be the public face for the administration.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

With sweeping generalizations like this, it's no wonder you're a Billo fan...

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Bush Bashers and America-haters part was sarcasm. Honestly, the right did a hellava job labeling critics as Bush Bashers etc, immunizing a vast segment of the population against hearing many criticisms that have since proved to be valid.
    In a "real" administration, something like this would have been a big thing, but compared to billions of unaccounted for war funds, nukes that aren't there, being wrong on war and lying to the American people, not knowing about the Cuban Missile Crisis is just a drop in the bucket.

12. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I find it utterly astounding that any of you are surprised by this. Where the hell have you all been the last seven years?

Shit, I'd have to see ironclad evidence before I'd believe that Fredo knows the difference between the Bay of Pigs and the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Let's keep in mind, this is the same man who, while in Australia, referred to the country as "Austria," and included it in OPEC. That he's hired this dipshit as a press secretary ranks well down the list of fuckups.

Draft saved Draft deleted