1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bucket List

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have some friends who saw P.S. I love you and apparently almost every woman loves it and sobs the entire time and every guy who sees it sobs because he had to sit through it...

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

A review I saw said P.S. deserved a lot of credit for being an unabashed woman-focused tearjerker in an age where studios are demanding these all-things-to-all-people, marketable products. I thought that was a fair point.

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Mrs. Novelist went to see it and loved it, but strongly recommended I stay away. For once, I'll do exactly as she says. OK, it's more than once. It's pretty much all the time. But I'll feel good about it this time.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Of course, it's written by a man.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The Great Debaters is as formulaic as it gets. A very safe choice for Washington, indeed.

Somewhere, Edward James Olmos beams with pride.

6. novelist_wannabe

I get the notion that people want to see something they haven't seen before. But going to see Washington in a movie is a pretty safe choice for the viewing public. I'm not going to begrudge Denzel a safe choice or two. Dude's got to eat, right?

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Shit, I could write a weeper for women that would have them riding out of the theater on a salty wave. :)

8. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

I felt the same way about Space Cowboys. When I heard Clint Eastwood, Tommy Lee Jones, Jim Garner and Donald Sutherland were making a movie together, I didn't care what it was about.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Denzel's at the point in a career where he can and should take a few risks.

10. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

First of all, you're all assholes. I unashamedly admit I thought it was a great movie. And yes I love tearjerkers, and yes I have my man card so fuck off.

Secondly, it was written by a woman — the producer of that new Kelly Bundy show. Dont know the name.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I saw The Bucket List last week and thought it was really entertaining. It may be somewhat formulaic at times, but there were some really funny lines and scenes in the movie. Really good date movie. Mine was crying at the end.

12. novelist_wannabe

Samantha Who?

Draft saved Draft deleted