1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Brushback

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by editorhoo, Oct 9, 2008.

1. editorhoo

editorhoo Member

Basically, the sports version of The Onion. It hasn't been updated since July 29. Anyone know what's going on with the site?

My all-time favorite Brushback headline:

"Chess club hazing victim can't get rook out of asshole."

2. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

Well, if that's the best they've got, maybe they realized they weren't that good at it.

3. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Wouldn't sportspickle.com be the sports version of the Onion, since the guy who writes it works for the Onion?

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

I thought the Brushback was superior to the sportspickle. It went a few months before being updated in July, and now it's been several months again. On its previous hiatus, there was a message saying he didn't know when it was going to return (it's just one guy who writes it), so this latest one might be permanent, unfortunately. I have his book, though.

5. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Maybe the author of said site is spending some time on a "federal" or "state" required vacation?

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I've never read it, but I'm a follower of sports pickle and it publishes weekly except for maybe once or twice in the summer and once around christmas.

Draft saved Draft deleted