1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Brookings (S.D.) Register

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by philly fanatic, May 3, 2007.

1. The Brookings Register, a daily paper in Brookings, South Dakota, is seeking a talented individual to join our team as sports editor in a Division I town. Candidates must possess passion for a wide-range of sports, strong writing ability, photography skills and knowledge of AP style. If you think you have what it takes to elevate our sports coverage to the next level, please send resume and clips to The Brookings Register, c/o Ken Curley, PO Box 177, Brookings, SD 57006

2. The "Calling All Sports Fans!" headline sure is annoying (probably written by some HR moron). It seems this paper has a circulation around 5,000. How many on staff? And would you be the main Division I beat writer?

3. Boognish

Boognish Member

Not sure how taking your own photos equals 'the next level?'

4. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Probably pays half of what they earn next door at Daktronics.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Stopped through Brookings on the way to Fargo to cover a football game once. Gorgeous, peaceful town.

That's the extent of my Brookings knowledge.

6. Bald Bull

Bald Bull New Member

Covered a football game there once back in the day. Never been colder in my entire life.

7. GeorgeMoore

GeorgeMoore Member

Worked at the Register while I was a student at SDSU. It basically was the sports editor (Billy McMacken) and myself. I enjoyed my time there. Covered Brookings High School, some Jackrabbits wrestling and basketball, and designed pages.

It's a nice, small, college town from what I remember. It also was cold as hell the entire time. It was 80 below with the wind chill one day. Brrrrrr.

Draft saved Draft deleted