1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bronx is Burning, real-life version

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Yeah, the players look ... like real people. That's always the first thing that hits me when I watch a game from 20-30 years ago.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

It's also kind of nice to watch a baseball game without so much clutter on the screen and all the other annoying bells and whistles in a Fox telecast.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Maybe they'll throw in a FrankTV promo, you know, just to make the time warp a little less jarring.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

And a Guiseppe Franco commercial.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Check Garvey's reaction when Reggie hits No. 3 .. if you can see it.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Anybody else think Yankee Stadium was on fire when you read this thread title?

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Next thing you know, it's chaos. And i can tell you this: Chaos does not work for the New York Yankees. Not as long as I'm running the show.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

No.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I figured it was just another Torre-Rodriguez-Steinbrenner thread.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Put this on the DVR and watching it now. Amazing to me that crowd control was so awful that Reggie had the game stopped in the 9th so he could get a helmet to play right field. Hell, I felt for his safety, 30 years later.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

And don't forget, Reggie hit a homer in his first at-bat of the '78 season, for five in a row. That was the Day it Rained Reggie Bars at Yankee Stadium.

There was only a token police presence at Game 6, when the city and Yanks argued about who should pay for services rendered, or so I remember.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Sparky Lyle said they tasted like mustard.

Draft saved Draft deleted