1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The British Adventures of The Hoff, Part the Second

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jul 27, 2006.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

All I can say after seeing that video is that I weep for Germany.

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

A very welcome addition to searches for The Hoff

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Like Overrated, I just watched "Hooked on a Feeling" again, for research purposes only, of course.

I never noticed he's actually holding A SPEAR when he's dancing with his black friends. Oh my.

That video would kill his career, if he only had one to begin with.

4. The Big Ragu

I hate people who quote themselves, but I have watched that video several times. I can't help it.

Toward the beginning when the Hoff is trying to get the girls to jump in his car, the back and forth lyrics go like this:

Hoff: It's too far to walk on your own.
    Girls: No thank you sir.
    Hoff: Oh, come on, I'm a trustworthy guy.
    Girls: No thank you sir.
    Hoff: Little girl, I wouldn't tell you no lie.
    Girls: I know you're gay.
    Hoff: How can you say that, we've only just met.
    Girls: You're all the same.
    Hoff: Ooh, she's got me there, but I'll get her yet.

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Europeans are stupid

very stupid

6. The Big Ragu

My neighbors must think I am nuts. I just watched Rhinestone Cowboy and I was belly laughing really loud from the minute it started until the end. Holy. Shit. That is just filthy. Unfair!!!!!!!!

7. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I guarantee he's he'd still demand a speaking or singing part.

8. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Alright, Ragu, knock it off. I have a beer-pong tournament to be at in less than two hours. There's a decent chance I might not make it now. There's just way too much film to break down at this point.

On the video (first viewing): Although the production was infinitely better than "Hooked on a Feeling," it seemed to be missing something. Then, the 1 minute mark hit and the attitude kicked up a couple of notches. I'll have to watch it several more times before I can accurately break down this videographic masterpiece.

9. The Big Ragu

I've been breaking it down for the last half hour. One of my favorite parts, is when the Hoff finally gets her in the car, and the crappy fake background is streaming through the window, they strategically got a video monitor / sign in with the website: http://www.hasselhofftour.com/.

Thing is, when you go to the site, the tour has been canceled.

10. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I HAVE TO STOP. I can't get caught up in this right now, although I will say the reverse masturbation move at the 1:06 mark is a move only one man could pull off--no pun intended.

Unfortunately, I'm leaving for the weekend first thing in the morning, so I won't be able to fully comprehend what's going on here 'til Sunday. I'm horribly disappointed. I'm sure you all care. Have fun with The Hoff, I can't wait to get back.

11. Overrated

Overrated Guest

One more thing before I hop in the shower. Did you see it's the "Hofficial" tour? This fucking guy is worth his weight in tanzanite.

12. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

The fact that he's singing next to a giant boot in Rhinestone Cowboy is just too good for words.

Draft saved Draft deleted