1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Bridge" on FX

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I agree about Lillard. He was really good as the guy who was having an affair with George Clooney's wife in "The Descendants."

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Just finished the second episode, and it's better than the first.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/82122/the-bridge-recap-season-1-episode-2-the-world-gets-wider-and-weirder-in-calaca

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I recorded both episodes last night. Looks like it's worth a shot.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Digging this show. So's she. In a shocker of shockers.

5. Mira

Mira Member

I like it. The actress playing the cub reporter was Jesse's girlfriend on "Breaking Bad."

And Lyle Lovett is creeping me out.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

White arms. Brown legs. Can't lose.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Not a great third episode. It's earned enough credibility that I'm hooked for the season, but I hope that was just a blip.

8. 93Devil

I agree. I was not crazy that those two characters hooked up near the end, either.

9. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

Getting caught up on this. Ahem, spoilers. Kinda. Is it a spoiler if it's so predictable?

It's as if they've just gone through the El Paso newspaper for the last decade or so and ripped off all the good storylines: smuggling tunnels, drug cartels, corrupt cops, beheadings, migrant poisonings, queenpin, juarez women, xenophobia, immigration laws, religious colonies, etc. Very predictable, but I'll keep watching.

10. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

Anyone still in on this show?

11. 93Devil

Yes. The standoff was fantastic, and all the moving pieces in this show make it very interesting.

This show is very good. It sits well above Under the Bridge and Criminal Minds, but is a notch below Luther, Breaking Bad and Sherlock.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Caught up on The Bridge last night. I still don't see how "the Beast" has been where he is as long as he has been. And how he found the girl in the parking garage? Was he just in the neighborhood and knew she was going to skip out the restaurant bathroom?

Draft saved Draft deleted