1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bowl Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, Dec 2, 2018.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Sounds like a coaching challenge for Coach O.
    Any guess on how they’ll do in ticket sales? UCF doesn’t have enough of a national alumni following and LSU people seldom leave the Southeast for any reason save a national title game.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm old enough that my benchmark bowl was the old Bluebonnet Bowl in Houston on New Year's Eve, the bowl you watched while getting dressed to go out.

ChrisLong likes this.
  4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'd be stunned if that sells out unless going to the Fiesta Bowl is what Arizona residents do every year, like it's the Phoenix Open.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

My alma mater is going to the Cure Bowl in Orlando, the entitled fans in NOLA are complaining because it's Disney and the flights are a nightmare. Because, you see, Tulane usually has its pick of the bowls. Some thought they should play in South Florida's bowl because TU beat USF.

Willie Fritz is making steady progress with the Green Wave, which came back from 2-5 to be bowl eligible. Fritz benched his season-starting QB for an LSU grad transfer, and just a few weeks ago canned his longtime assistant and OC to focus on a more pass-oriented scheme.

BartonK likes this.
  6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

UCF-Wazzu would have been a great Fiesta Bowl. Coug fans would have overwhelmed Phoenix, drunk it dry, and the score would have been about 65-55.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted