1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The blues

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pringle, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Bikers, too. Actually went to a biker bar to hear a local blues band a couple years ago and it was pretty cool, although I was needlessly afraid I was going to get my ass kicked.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Best blues bar I've been to this year was called Ain't Nothing But ... Blues bar in London. I had a bit of time in London and I wanted to check out a blues club. I was shocked to find really only one all-blues club in London. Sure, there are jazz clubs who might have one night a week devoted to the blues music, but this small place was really the only true place. Good beers, not great food and it just so happened that the live music on this particular night (they have live acts every night and a jam on Sundays) was the Zac Harman Band from Texas. He and his small band played great stuff. Place was packed and there was a great vibe the entire night. If I ever go back to London for a visit, I'll make a return visit here too.

3. Great blues bar closed a few weeks ago. Owner blames the new smoking laws. Was open for around 40 years.

RIP the Viking Bar.

Draft saved Draft deleted