1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Blind Side - now with pictures

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Different Strokes, 2009

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Agreed, I'm surprised more here aren't questioning the family's motives. They didn't adopt just any poor black kid, they adopted the biggest strongest 16 year old in the entire city and then directed him to the same school where they're both alums and mom was a cheerleader. Seems more than a bit suspicious to me.

3. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Lane Kiffin filed adoption papers on a bunch of South Carolina kids this week and sees nothing suspicious about it.

4. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Have to respectfully disagree. Sandra Bullock was smokingly hot in that movie.

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Leigh Ann Tuohy can't hold a candle to Sandy

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

She looked as good as she ever has. I don't know what kind of cosmetic enhancements, if any, that she's had, but they were all very effective.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Does Orgeron rip his shirt off in the movie?

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Deleted scene, perhaps.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Saw it tonight, liked it. Wondered if the coaches were being serious about giving SJ privileges like the coin toss or if they were just joking. Then the end of the movie said that the kid got everything he was promised.

Can't help but wonder if there's an NCAA violation in there.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You know what? I don't care if their motivations might have been to get a kid to Ole Miss. They still got a homeless kid off the street and helped give him a better life. Who cares if the entire plan was to get him to Oxford. It was better than the alternative. They do nothing, the kid's probably dead right now.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I used to love walking by the practice field listening to O speak his Cajun jibberish.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Really... amen to that

Draft saved Draft deleted