1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Blind Side - now with pictures

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Aug 6, 2009.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You can go to the movie to see all 15 seconds of Phil Fulmer's role...and spend the rest of the time looking at Tim McGraw's hairpiece.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

That's exactly how I went into it. I thought it was going to be a football book and it ended up being that wonderful heartfelt story.

Sandra Bullock is aging fairly well.

I wish Oher the best (hoped he would go to the Niners at 10) because in the book it seemed like he overcame quite a bit and now he's in the NFL while never losing his appreciation for where he came from.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The way Oher and the Tuohy's trotted out on stage at the draft makes me think I know what the final scene of the movie will be. After reading the book, I was a little disappointed Lewis didn't disclose his ties to Sean Tuohy in the preface, it kind of made me question the whole thing. And if it it was upfront, I probably wouldn't have cared by page three.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I don't know what she looks like, but I believe that regardless of what she looks like we will have to disagree on this one. To me, no one can be "way hotter than Sandra Bullock."

5. chilidog75

chilidog75 Member

Without the built-in access, it wouldn't have been a book at all.
    Lewis completely lucked into that story. There's no denying that.

But he did a GREAT job with it. One of the best sports books I've ever read.
    Interested to see how the movie compares.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Leigh Anne Tuohy at front right. She looks exactly what you'd expect a 45-year-old former Ole Miss cheerleader to look like. She probably looked quite a bit like her daughter (who's at bottom left) 25 years ago.

By the way, that's Sean Tuohy in the light blue shirt and Sean Jr. behind his sister. I think the guy in the Ole Miss coach's shirt is Hugh Freeze.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Agree with this too. I really liked the book and had no idea it would go from a discussion of left tackles into this story. I had never heard of Michael Oher but have sort of followed his career at Ole Miss and into the draft since reading about him.

And Sandra Bullock looks pretty fucking hot here.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I need to read the book before this flick comes out.

And Bullock is hot.

9. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

Just saw it tonight with the GF and I thought it was pretty good. Funny and entertaining. The only things I didn't like (SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) were all things that I don't think were in the book: the car crash, Leigh Ann going into the 'hood and Oher walking out of the NCAA investigation, shunning Leigh Ann and going back to the projects. Other than that, it was great. Plus, the kid who played Sean, Jr. was a total ham.

Has anyone else seen it, and if so, how does it compare to the book, IYO?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That woman is not "way hotter than Sandra Bullock."

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

Not sure if this was already posted, but here's YouTube link with Lewis summarizing the journey of Oher.

<url>
    </url>

12. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

didn't read the book but give am emthusiastic thumbs up tp the movie.

and sandra bullock is smokin.

Draft saved Draft deleted