1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Blind Side - now with pictures

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Aug 6, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I don't know if it belongs in Anything Goes or Sports and News, but I think it deserves its own thread.

Bring the Kleenex.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I want to be snarky and above it, but darn me if that doesn't look really good.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yeah it does.

And Oher's adopted mom is way hotter than Sandra Bullock.

4. EE94

EE94 Guest

It looks like the football version of Diff'rent Strokes

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Slight threadjack for a moment...

Was that trailer supposed to get me to the theater? Because I feel like I just saw the whole movie.

I just don't get why they summarize an entire film in the trailer.

Anyway, helluva story. Hope it's a good movie.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Damn good point.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Surely, there will be different versions of the trailer. I tend to think that one was aimed at women. The ones that will air on ESPN and its ilk would certainly have more football scenes.

8. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

I'm glad I didn't have anything in my mouth when she said "You threaten my son you threaten me" 'cause it would've ended up all over my monitor and keyboard.

9. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Anyone here read the book by Michael Lewis?

10. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Yep. One of my favorites.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I absolutely love it. The selection they ran in SI where he describes the Theismann play is unbelievable.

The only complaint I have, as always with Lewis, is how unrelentingly he slobbers over his subjects.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Good book, but it veers totally away from where you think it's going at the start of the story. You think it's going to be about the evolution of the left tackle position --- which would have been interesting in itself --- and basically becomes the Michael Oher rags-to-riches story.

I agree Lewis tends to gush, even moreso in this case because he and Sean Tuohy (Oher's adopted father) grew up together. I think that without that built-in access, it wouldn't be quite the book it turned out to be.

Draft saved Draft deleted