1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"the black donnellys"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shockey, Feb 26, 2007.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

mmmm, yes...Olivia Wilde, who was also Mischa Barton's girlfriend on "The O.C."

[​IMG]

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I found this new show awfully hard to follow. Too much going on.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I place the over/under on NBC announcing Studio 60 is toast at 2 pm today.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

mrs. petty kicks some hollywood ass if that's the case.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Double J, you gonna tell us who the Black Donnellys really were?

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

A family of Irish Catholic settlers who were massacred by a vigilante group made up of their neighbours near Lucan, Ontario, in 1880. Depending on which story you believe, the Donnellys were either a bloodthirsty clan eliminated out of fear or the victims of an Old World feud that had continued in the New World.

It's only in recent years that the latter story has started to come out, another fine example of the winners/survivors getting to write the history books but neglecting to write everything that actually happened; see "Versailles, Treaty of."

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Paul Haggis is the guy behind this show. Haggis grew up in London where the Black Donnelly legend has had a hold on the area since the massacre

My understanding is that an old-world feud was a major factory

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Sorry guys, but Studio 60 sucked for most of its episodes. I hung in there for almost the whole season, but I quit posting on the S60 thread because I thought the shows routinely sucked and got bashed for it. It just wasn't that good.

Too preachy. Very little substance. Very little depth to any of the characters. I didn't watch the Black Donnelly's, but might shoot for it Thursday night.

9. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Sweeps will be done by then; ER was slated to be a repeat. No big deal.

Earl and Office are repeats that night.

10. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

no more new shows for me. Started watching the Nine and it got cancelled. started watching that taye diggs show and it got whacked. started watching studio 60 and it's probably gone, too.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

that chick "jenny" is yet another example of a beauty who's way hotter as a brunette than a bottle blonde -- see: maura tierney and linda cardelinni of "er" fame. 8) 8) 8)

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

And Rachel McAdams.

Draft saved Draft deleted