1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The bitterness in Seattle won't end

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GidalKaiser, Jun 7, 2012.

1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

The subhead was the best part.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

As a former Tri-City Herald sports staffer, I'm a little embarrassed. Yes, we claimed the Seattle teams as "our" teams, regardless of miles. But that was taking it a bit too far.

3. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

The subhead could have been better (maybe: Stolen team steals game from San Antonio) but the headline was more amusing than the oh-so-hip SBNation post.

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

you know what, dude. why don't you tell us a little bit more about creepily following high school softball teams around the region for no damned reason before you start telling us about what embarrasses you and what doesn't embarrass you.

your input as a former TCH employee means nothing on this topic ... really.

5. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I wonder if that had something to do with the man preventing him from home ownership.

6. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

I obviously have no nothing about the backstory here, but I always wanted to use this (and it certainly seems to apply) ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

WTF? Not sure what you are talking about. Softball was one of my beats when I was there.

Even though it's been quite a few years, I know some of the people who are still there, so I was surprised to see this.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

three words, champ: acceptable eye level.

so, before you go setting the bar too terriblyfucking high ...

9. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Are you implying he used to stare at high school softball players' tits?

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

i hate to see somebody get allthatfuckingembarrassed when, well, when they shouldn't.

11. Johnny Chase

Johnny Chase Member

Honestly, my main beef is that a smaller paper like that was running AP as a lead story.

12. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

A perfectly cromulent point. But preps are probably done there. Slow news day, no doubt.

Draft saved Draft deleted