1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The biggest train wreck of a film ever is on TV right now

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Mar 8, 2009.

1. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Oh sure, which is why I put Batman and Robin atop the list. They made that as a blockbuster, tentpole summer film. And it failed beyond words.

2. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Senor Ragu,

If it was supposed to be a blockbuster of certain quality, The Conqueror would be there.

Also:

[​IMG]

or Pia Zadora film festival

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

or the usual suspects

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

o-<

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You take that back about Butterfly. Pia was smoking.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Ishtar gets a bad rap, FoF. Gigli, on the other hand.

That movie last night had none of those pretensions. I think they were trying to be hip and cash in on the early MTV vibe, which seems so weenieish and lame now, considering it was so "cutting edge" in 1986. The soundrack for the film was actually really good. The acting was brutal. Marisa Tomei probably still has nightmares about that film. And I couldn't look at a slightly older Jimmy Baio, without thinking about Carmine Ronzzoni from the Bad News Bears movie that was two past when they should have stopped making Bad News Bears movies.

5. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr Womack

Funny you say that. Pia Zadora's best side was her back.

o-<

6. The Big Ragu

OK. Confession time. I did spend my formative years thinking I was something of a hipster. No, Angola, I wasn't Spike from that movie. No perm. I did have a little Flock of Seagulls vibe going, but not to a freakish 6-feet-of-hair extreme.

While the world listening to Lionel Richie and Madonna, we were doing the Cure and Talk Talk and Squeeze (a little before) and early U2, and The Smiths and Psychedelic Furs and XTC (a bit later) and Elvis Costello and Echo & The Bunnymen and Alphaville and ABC, and yeah, Depeche Mode, and several more I can go on and on about. It was "New Music," and it was who we were. Except, somehow in my old 45s collection (vinyl) which is sitting a crate in a storage bin downstairs, I have a single from Pia Zadora and Jermaine Jackson called "When The Rain Begins To Fall," which fits nicely on this thread, because it may be the crappiest song ever recorded. I still don't know why I bought it. I plead 16-years-old and not as cool as I thought I was, I guess.

For those of you unfamiliar:

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Truer words never spoken, Mr. Secretary.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

A regrettable late-night HBO hotel choice.

9. The Big Ragu

Good call, Bubbler, except I have a thing for Annette Bening. That movie makes me want to take Gary Shandling out and shoot him, which is a shame, because he was good on the Larry Sanders Show (even if Hank made the show).

10. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

[​IMG]

Undercover cop in the gay S&M world. Something about a serial killer, but basically just Pacino running around in studded leather, showing lots of skin. The only movie I've ever walked out of.

11. Herky_Jerky

Herky_Jerky Member

I nominate "That Was Then, This Is Now" starring Emelio Estevez.

Draft saved Draft deleted