1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Biggest LOOSER -- running weight loss thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Mar 18, 2010.

1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

:D

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Awesome. Thanks for all the detail. Sounds like I'm on the right track. Tons of cardio. Mostly running outside but I'm saving for a road bicycle for this fall to mix it up. How tall are you, may I ask, with the 31-inch waist? I'm 5-9, and would like to get down to 30-31, but it seems my waist line has been the last thing to go.

3. bigpern23

I'm about 6-foot-1, Dick. I wish I hadn't sold my bike last year. I love riding as a way to do my cardio.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Another good week. Officially, now down 80.8 lbs! I can't get over how good I feel!

5. HC

HC Well-Known Member

At my office today, while waiting for the receptionist who has the key, someone from down the hall called me "athletic". I very nearly corrected her but then realized that I'm still thinking of myself in old terms. I ride at least 100 miles per week, often more. I AM athletic. This has made my entire fuckin' day!

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

163.4 this morning.

My size 34 waist pants, which I bought to replace my size 36s last year, are starting to sag! I'm going to have to start buying some 32s to slowly replace them after a few more pounds. It's unreal. Still don't have the flat, lean look I'm after, but I feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. That it's at least attainable.

Going to be expensive, though :)

7. bigpern23

Tell me about it ... I used to wear a 38, now my 32s are hanging off me. I have one pair of 32-inch shorts and one medium polo shirt. The rest of my clothes are 36, 38 or X-Large. I literally have one outfit that fits and no money right now to buy new stuff. I look kind of goofy, but I'll take goofy and healthy over proper fit and overweight like I was.

8. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Guys ... I've gone from a size 26 to a 14. I feel your pain.

9. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

Just checked myself yesterday and I have lost 30 pounds in 3 months (and 44 pounds in 17 months). I mostly did it through portion control and some walking. Now I feel like I need to add a lot more exercise to my lifestyle. I am getting my biked fixed this week and I hope to go riding every weekend. Just 10 more pounds to go and I am down to a "normal" BMI. I've dropped from a size 36 to a size 32 pants. My wife has been giving me lots of grief about how poorly my clothes fit now -- I need to replace almost all of my pants.

10. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Just lettin' y'all know ... I HAVE A NEW BIKE!!! Woo hoo!!! :D

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Back on the weight loss train. I'd ballooned back up to 206.5 after dropping as low as 167.5.

As of Sunday morning, I was back down to 188.5. I've been walking a lot more, playing some ultimate and mowing a bunch.

Feels good to be heading back in the right direction.

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Inspired by HC and by the fact that I couldn't zip up the skirt on a suit I wanted to wear, I put myself on a modified Weight Watchers plan about a week ago. I lost over 20 lbs. on WW a few years back, but my eating had gone off the rails and I put some of it back on - how much I'm not sure, since I had been afraid to weigh myself until yesterday. My weight is not as high as I was afraid it would be, but still about 13 lbs. higher than I'd like to be. So here goes. I'll weigh myself on Monday and see how much I'm down.

Draft saved Draft deleted