1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Biggest LOOSER -- running weight loss thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Damn. Another appointment/weigh-in and I was hoping for another big number. Only lost 10 pounds since Aug. 30. Need to step up my workout efforts...

2. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

How is 10 pounds in less than a month not a big number?

Or are you missing the blue font?

3. Killick

I realize that’s a decent number, but I was just hoping for a liiiitle bit more. Fifteen or so. Like I said, have to step up my workouts...

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

#Ketober!

Who's with me?

Going whole hog (or should I say bacon) this month, ahead of a family photo shoot later in the month. No booze, no carbs, Peloton 15o miles.

I intend to use this thread as a support mechanism so be prepared to be bored.

jlee and Moderator1 like this.
  5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Bored hell. We're here for you.
    I started my KetoVenture a year ago today and am thrilled I did.

Go kick ass.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

4 days in and I've got more loose stools than a glueless furniture factory!

Meanwhile, I found this really interesting:

spikechiquet likes this.
  7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

This guy used to work at my gym. Well worth an hour of your time to watch this.

8. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Go TigerVols! I hope it worked out for you.

I like Bikman. He's the voice of reason where other DM guys ::cough::Neal Barnard::cough:: get confusing and contradictory.

Smallpotatoes, a healthy relationship with food is absolutely necessary. I'm side-eyeing his method, but I agree with his premise.

I'm approaching 170 gone. This GQ article scratches the surface on what happens after someone loses a significant amount of weight.

9. Killick

More disappointment, here. Working out like a demon (increasing time/steps on a NuStep machine every day), and... didn’t lose a goddamned thing since Oct. 20. Doc said it’s not unusual to plateau for a few weeks before your body resets and you start getting decent losses again. Hmmph. (Grumble, grumble.)

10. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

IF a 200 pound man runs an additional 22 miles a week he will lose an additional pound in that week, assuming no increase in appetite. There are lots of suties out there that show increased exercise does not lead to much weight loss because of the increase in appetite.

That is not to discourage exercise, which has a multitude of benefits. But if you are going to lose weight quickly you must do it through diet.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Ya can't outrun a bad diet.

::hocks, spits, ambles away...::

12. Killick

The diet end of is there, especially after bariatric surgery. Anything more than a cup, pain and hurling. More than 12g sugar at a time, violent diarrhea.

Eager for next weigh-in. Have pushed NuStep workouts to more than an hour a day. Getting a good sweat on every day.

Draft saved Draft deleted