1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The big storm of 2009

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Mar 1, 2009.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Got about six inches, roads look pretty well plowed alrready, the sun is out now ... by 3:30 drive will not be that bad at all.

2. KG

KG Active Member

All the snow we got yesterday melted quickly, but it was nice to see it falling.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The snow should still be on the ground here in Virginia until Thursday afternoon. That is a long life for a snowfall here.

Hopefully Moddy is getting the snow off of his sidewalk, because it will be solid ice after tonight and its low of 11 degrees.

4. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Got what spnited got ... 4-5 inches, clearing fast. Sun actually peeked out for awhile.

I'm more concerned that I'm heading up to the Illinois-Penn State game Thursday night, and things are always about three times as bad in the Nittany Valley.

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

It seems like we've had a pretty cold winter, many mights dipping into the 30s, and it rained for one or two days just about every week since November. But I guess it didn't snow enough.
    They're saying this will probably be one of the most severe droughts ever, that our drinking water might run out (TV news shock-talk) and watering lawns could be verboten.
    It was 90 on Saturday, the spring weeds are popping up. My back yard is overgrown and when I started mowing it yesterday, got it halfway done and my lawnmower broke.
    Despite that, I'm glad I don't have to worry about snowblowers.

6. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Went out to go shovel the back porch earlier this afternoon and it looks like we got slammed up here in New Hampshire. I'd say we got close to over a foot of snow and it's still falling.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Went into downtown DC today to take pictures and the roads were excellent. The plow drivers did a great job. Prolly 4 or 5 inches on the ground. So we hung around town for a while and grabbed lunch at Ben's Chili Bowl.

The sun's out now and the roads are really good in the burbs. Save for some ice, tomorrow's commute should be cake.

8. ...in so very many ways.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeah? Sez you! Who's your team? BLEEECCCCH!

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You can't get there on a good day, snow would be umpossible.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Or you might have to go out east-west on I-80, which is scary as hell on a snowy night.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Heading to the airport in about an hour - hope things are clear.
    JetBlue had a 6 a.m. flight for NYC take off here at 7 a.m. yesterday. It landed at 11:10 a.m. That's a lot of circling.

Draft saved Draft deleted