1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The big storm of 2009

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Not a drop of rain or snow on the backside of the system, but damn it was cold last night. Wind chill in the teens. Caught the weather forecasters unaware.

And yep, back in the 70s on Monday and for the rest of the week. Must be March.

2. Sammi

Sammi Member

The station that predicts the most snow gets the most viewers.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

We're starting to get some rain/snow mix. I need more!!

4. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

This is a bunch of shit. I live in the mountains and we haven't had more than about four inches at a time since 98-99. When I was a kid we got snows that closed schools for weeks at a time and even shut down factories. All this going on and we are in the dry socket of it.

I PROTEST!

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Two inches on the ground, and it is not stopping anytime soon.

The white stuff started dropping six hours ahead of the NOAA prediction, and they are as conservative as Old_Tony.

Oh, Lil 93's first snow!!! We already have the pictures for the scrapbook.

6. Skipper

Skipper Member

I don't know what I'll do. I just started a new job around the new year and we haven't had snow since. I have no idea what the snow policy is, and I wasn't in the office Friday to find out. Of course, I wouldn't have asked anyway, since I didn't know it was supposed to snow til yesterday.

Guess I'll go in regardless.

And Joe, you can have all the snow I've ever seen in my life. I went to visit friends in mid-January only to get stuck in the ice storm. Now this. I hate it all and never want to see it again.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I fucking hate snow with a bloody fucking passion. Can't think of anything I hate worse. Took me more than an hour to drive home tonight. 25 minutes is normal. I fucking hate snow. Fucking hate it.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

So, Moddy, how's the snow by you?

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The dogs are enjoying it.
    I fucking hate it, if I haven't mentioned that already.
    Northeastern was in town for a game today. Flight tonight cancelled. Due to go out at 7:30 a.m. tomorrow. Good luck with that. They play at Hofstra on Wednesday and may have to go straight there.

I fucking hate snow.

10. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I was thinking that, too.

It's been a long winter.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I've decided I like snow in a large, non-specific way. I like the idea of snow.

But actually scraping off my car, doing 14 mph on my way home at 3 a.m., and having to climb a long driveway into my complex? That I don't like much at all.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'm thinking I'm not going to like to too much tomorrow now that my drive to our new work location is 30 miles each way instead of 5.

Draft saved Draft deleted