1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The big storm of 2009

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Mar 1, 2009.

1. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

That's a rhetorical question, right?

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

It's a bit on the cool side here today, only supposed to get up to 60.

We are supposed to reach 91 on Tuesday, though. That's almost as warm as last Tuesday's 92.

I'm about to make a tee time right now.

3. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

We're lucky enough that down here in my neck of South Carolina it's not cold enough for it to be snow, but we've got a ton of rain. Our backyard is flooded (as much to do w/ poor grading) and areas around us are under severe flood warnings.
    Last I checked, it was still supposed to be cold enough for some of the rain to turn into snow. It won't be significant compared to other parts of the country, but considering the city I live in might have all of two snow plows (Read: two pick-ups with plows) it could be an interesting Monday.

4. I gotcher tee time right here, bucko.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

We were at 80 on Friday; still at 70 at 2 a.m. Saturday morning; down to the low 40s 12 hours later; snowing at 2 a.m. Sunday morning; and supposed to be back up to the 70s by Wednesday.
    Gotta love late winter and early spring in the Gulf South.

6. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Mostly cold rain here with a shot at an inch or two of snow on the back end of the system. We never get good snows here.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Bet you still can't buy bread or milk at your store, though. :D

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Bought all that yesterday. Hoping the Barnes and Noble isn't out of hot chocolate and oatmeal cookies, 'cause that's where I'm going next.

9. Skipper

Skipper Member

One forecast here says anywhere from 5-10 inches. The other channel says 2-4.

Who knows.

10. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

The local television station is saying 12-16, but NOAA is saying 6-10. I have no idea on what to expect. Either way, I'll be outside running the snowblower tomorrow morning, though.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I can't tell you how happy I am that the Midwest is being left out of this party.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm less concerned with the fact that it's a political argument than that it's a really, really stupid one.

Draft saved Draft deleted