1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The big storm of 2009

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Mar 1, 2009.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Hopefully not a D_B, and if you are not on the East Coast or the South, this really does not apply to you.

But my workplace is expected to have 10 inches tomorrow, and that's a ton for this area.

Stay safe and good luck to all.

2. lono

lono Active Member

IJAG was disappointed when I said we were getting six inches in Tobaccostan.

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

This storm and every other storm brought to you by your friends at Global Warming.

Global Warming: Brought to you by the same people who gave you Global Cooling in the '70s.

4. Skipper

Skipper Member

Bring it on. Eight inches of snow won't be shit compared to what I dealt with while home in the Midwest last month.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

5-15 inches up in New England. Wheeee.

Heaviest snowfall between 10 p.m. and 10 a.m. I get off at 2 a.m. and have to go to the gym afterward. Yay, Northeast! :D

6. My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

7. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Looks like 12-16 inches around my neck of the woods. Going to be a fun day...

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

My boss thinks I'm drinking water. Wheeeee.

9. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

OT, did you really have to use this to make a political argument here?

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There's one big storm in New England every March. And Tony, when there's a heat wave somewhere in August, and there will be, what will you post then?

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Maybe that it's FUCKING AUGUST and it tends to get a little warm in summer?

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Calling for up to a foot of snow here in Fairfax County (17 miles south of DC). Haven't gotten anything yet, but from the looks of the radar, it's coming. Soon.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on the work status of the Federal Govt. A day off tomorrow would be sweet!

And I love hearing about people back in Alabama complain because of a little snow. What a buncha pansies!!! :)

Draft saved Draft deleted