1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Ragu is so well known they named a restaurant after him...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jun 10, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

http://www.torontosun.com/Entertainment/OtherEntertainment/2007/06/10/4249221-sun.html

I had spotted The Big Ragu on the way over and decided to turn the car around; my reasoning being that any place with a cute name like that couldn't be half bad. (This, by the way, is very faulty reasoning indeed -- plenty of craptastic restaurants sport wonderfully inventive names.)

Fortunately for us, The Big Ragu didn't turn out to be one of those restaurants. Eating here is like dropping by your nonna's house for dinner -- even when you show up unexpectedly, you're welcomed warmly and go home well fed.

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

I'm guessing the namesake couldn't/wouldn't eat half the food served there... ;)

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Canadian restaurant names rock, as evidenced by my post a while back on the cool places I ate in Halifax.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

That's because the sign in front of the face gets in the way of the fork.

Draft saved Draft deleted