1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the big payback

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by writing irish, Jul 2, 2008.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Renowned cumstain Sidney Ponson gets a chance to give the Texas Rangers "the big payback" at Yankee Stadium tonight. For those not familiar, Ponson was released by Texas last month for behavior disrespectful to his teammates and the club. The release came as a mild surprise, as Ponson had thrown well for the pitching-poor Rangers. The Yanks picked him up.

Should be fun. Ponson hurled six shutout innings against the Mets in his Yankee debut. And Texas, of course, can hit.

Anyone have any "big payback" stories? Instances where the payback was delivered in style...or perhaps not delivered at all?

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

I was hoping this would be about the song. Great, great tune.

3. writing irish

Get ready you mother!

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Or, the Rangers could kick his ass and laugh about it.

5. I'm still waiting for my Big Payback moment. One could argue I'm living it now, given all the people that picked on me growing up are either working at McDonalds or with a bunch of kids and no careers while I'm living my dream (says the guy in the industry that's on life support).

6. writing irish

That's what I hope will happen.

7. Bruce Leroy

Bruce Leroy Active Member

I don't know karate, but I know karazor.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. Petrie

Petrie Guest

I thought Ponson might have beat up someone in Aruba again. I didn't know he was still in the league...

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the Springsteen tune or a song called The Big Payback by someone else?

11. Mahoney

Mahoney Member

Good as Springsteen's song is, I suspect James Brown is who's being referenced here.

Draft saved Draft deleted