1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Lead Reveal, Take 2

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Double Down, Mar 13, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I've never followed TBL. Never heard of it until I came here.

Knowing his real name and his background at least lends some layer of accountability that was absent previously. Does it mean I'll take him seriously? I didn't have a reason to take him seriously or to not take him seriously before. Since I don't read his site, I still don't.

2. But this thread had none of that, and yet the jealousy theory comes out.

3. Now that he has signed his name to TBL, I'm going to wait and see how he moves forward. Maybe he'll clean up his lack of "ethics," although ethics in our business certainly can use an examination.

4. Maybe he needs an ombudsman

5. Good one ...

6. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

a blogbudsman

or an omblogsman

7. Jersey_Guy

Jersey_Guy Active Member

I think the two threads are pretty much inseparable at this point.

And, Doc, if you want to keep defending the phrase, "Would it be wrong to say he looks a little date-rapey?" - which you've already apologized for - please, be my guest. If you think you can write that and NOT be implying someone looks like, or is, or could be, a date rapist, keep making your case. I think it's great that people know you actually believe that.

And I'm fine with people knowing I take a different position.

8. omblogsman, I like that

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Maybe at some point you people can realize that IT'S A FUCKING BLOG. BLOGGERS DON'T PLAY BY THE SAME FUCKING RULES AS JOURNALISTS. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT, TOUGH FUCKING SHIT!!!

It's a great blog, one of the best sports ones out there. If you think it's easy to do a better one, go do it.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I'm not defending the comment. The comment was wrong. I'm defending the fact that I wasn't actually calling him a date-rapist. There are people here who understand that, whether they think my comment was over the line or not.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, it is predictable... Because you dumb fucks still cannot tell the difference between a guy who flies around the country covering a team and a guy who sits at home and reports rumors and gossip.

One is a journalist.

The other is a blogger.

TBL is a blogger, never claimed to be anything more and he's one of the best out there...

There is a reason that some of the biggest names in this profession let themselves be interviewed by him.

Some of it is self-promotion.
    Some of them actually like the site.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Doc, in the interest of keeping this thread from being locked, please let that be the last of your argument/explanation/apology about your joke, regardless of what the response is.

Draft saved Draft deleted