1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Lead Reveal, Take 2

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Double Down, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Tripp McNeely

Tripp McNeely Member

I'm pretty confident no one could've said it better.
    As soon as I read Gaucho's post the Cobra Kai's Johnny Lawrence rang through my head when he told Daniel LaRusso]: "You couldn't leave well enough alone, could ya?"
    I think there've been so many point of views written on this subject that anyone who drags the "jealousy" thing back up IS just a troll.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

god, now he's going to come rub how much money TBL makes in all our faces, even though he's admitted he has no idea how much/little TBL pulls in. i know it sounds ridiculous, maybe even stupid ... but i bet it happens.

3. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Well said, Double Down. Just one quibble: It's "y'all." ;D

4. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I know Simon.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Just an addendum to my charges against Us Weekly....the star of The Hills is now claiming the magazine made up an interview of hers and put it in their magazine, which is disappointing because she considers the magazine's writers her friends, with whom she often eats dinner.

But it's still a tough job to get, of course.

Full disclosure: I find The Hills, and its predecessor, Laguna Beach, so interesting because the show is not merely edited to create fabrication - it is almost totally fabrication, subsidized (in this case) by MTV and Teen Vogue, which paid for its place on the show and is getting far more out of it than the stars are getting out of Teen Vogue. They're, like, sub-Paris Hilton.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

TBL > dirty.com and comparable to TMZ.com, according to ESPN.

Just reported on ESPN -- pics of Matt Leinart partying have been circulating. They "first surfaced on gossip site dirty.com before making their way to more mainstream sites such as TMZ.com and The Big Lead," said the ESPN dude.

7. Flash

Flash Guest

But why does ESPN get to determine the standards of credibility?

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Being better than a site called "dirty.com" is definitely something to hang one's hat on.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

but mizzougrad says he doesn't know if he makes a ton of cash, though.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Oops, actually it's thedirty.com

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Oh, well then. KUDOS!

Draft saved Draft deleted