1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Lead gets Buzzed -- now updated

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JayFarrar, May 5, 2008.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The best part of posting that -- because I don't really care what Buzz Bissinger anoints a good blog or a bad blog -- was visualizing your blood pressure rising and the steam pouring out of your ears if you happened to read it. I was actually thinking about you when I posted it.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I think my head just exploded.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Take that, DD!

[​IMG]

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I was going to post the thing about Buzz liking the Big Lead, but I saw something shiny and wandered off before I had a chance.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Now THAT is hilarious.

6. silentbob

silentbob Member

A friend of mine -- 30 years old, huge sports fan -- asked me a couple weeks ago: "What exactly is a blog?"

I write one and readers respond to posts like they're regular news stories. They don't know the difference eventhough it is clearly stated on the web page that "this blog is dedicated" to my beat.

It just makes me wonder if half of the blog's popularity comes from the disgruntled media masses that think bloggers one day will take their jobs. I didn't see the HBO special but I could give a shit what Buzz Bissinger thinks about blogs. Just let me know when he writes another book or magazine story.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

he's writing one now. it's titled "what i think about blogs"

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Ragu, I have to give credit where it's due, that's one of the funniest things I've seen posted here in some time.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

I would love to see google's and yahoo's figures on Fozzy searches over the past year.

I can see their execs scratching their heads and wondering why searches for Fozzy have gone up 250,000 percent.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I will just have to take your word on it. I would not know.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

[​IMG]

Moddy has never been impressed by Fozzie's brand of humor.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

for the love of christ is that ever funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted