1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The big day is here, at last

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Orange Hat Bobcat, Jul 12, 2008.

1. patchs

patchs Active Member

Now the fun really starts.
    Don't be in a hurry to have kids.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I have no idea how I missed this thread the first time around.

OHB, all my best. You and your dad were two of my favorites on that trip to Toronto, just both so warm and kind and open and funny. I'm glad you've found someone to complement you and whom you complement.

Now don't forget to compliment, too!

Congrats, glad you had a ball...and good luck finding more hobbies. :)

3. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I think you have enough hobbies. Trust me when I tell you that you'll be much happier if your life isn't so full that you're always sprinting to do everything. Get a dog and a good cable package, and the running and reading should be enough. If you have the night or two where you're just sitting there together staring at the walls, don't fret. Revel in a little boredom. Listen to each other breathe. Now that's a hobby. Oh, and then there's that other thing newlyweds do ...

4. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

On vacation, so I'll grab the chance now to add to the Mazel Tovs.

For a new hobby? Cook together. And then, since you're newlyweds, eat naked.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Oh, and Orange Hat, never forget the Man's Prayer:

I'm a man,
    but I can change,
    if I have to,
    I guess.

Or Possum Lodge's motto:

Quando omni flunkus moritati

"If all else fails, play dead".

All the happiness in the world to you and your wife.

6. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Is that what the Lodge members have been muttering all these years? I memorized the Man's Prayer long ago, but never managed to decipher the motto. Quando omni ... buncha Latin I never learned. You discover something new on this board all the time. Thanks, JR. (And I will remember the prayer and the motto. Shouldn't need the latter for a long time.)

Draft saved Draft deleted