1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The big day is here, at last

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Orange Hat Bobcat, Jul 12, 2008.

1. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

Congrats and good luck.

Three hours before my vows, I was playing basketball with my older brothers. After I sank a halfcourt shot, we all agreed that would be an appropriate basket on which to end my single days. So we called it a day and began the wedding prep.

Being here four hours out? No problem.

2. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

IF anyone posts from a near-kin's funeral, that's the only thing that will trump a pre- birth post.

Or if it's during immediate labor:

"Hold on honey. Remember your breathing...just a couple of minutes to finish this thread...I'm here in the room with you."

Wife: @#$@#$@#@#$#

3. I wish you the best in yur marriage. Congratulations. May you have manny years of happiness to come.

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Congrats! I agree with the poster who said 'I'm not Jewish, but Mazel Tov!'

5. Jones

Jones Active Member

Congratulations to one of the best young writers and best guys on the board. I wish you and your bride every happiness. (Hopefully you're half-drunk by now.)

As for posting on his wedding day... Seriously, what else is he going to be doing? I went to see Jackass the day I got married.

The Bobcat is a trooper.

6. patchs

patchs Active Member

Congrats, I hope your wedding day was wonderful.
    It was great meeting you and your dad in Toronto 2 years ago this weekend (time flies, eh?).
    I'll never forget that chat I had with your dad in that bar where HC sang both the American and Canadian national anthems.
    Again, good fortune to you and Mrs. Bobcat.

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Four hours before I got married, I was no where near ready. In fact, I was a couple beers in as a few relatives and I were out sightseeing in the city. We got back to the house at 4:15, I showered, shaved, got dressed and had another beer before my 5 p.m. wedding.

Preparation is overrated.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Good luck to you.
    Don't be nervous, you'll know soon enough it's a great decision.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

For guys, it's a breeze.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Congrats and best of luck.

11. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Aw, it seems like just yesterday we were hanging out in Toronto!

Congrats OHB! That's great news and I wish you and your lovely bride nothing but the best. May you continue to be each other's best friends through all of life's ups and downs.

12. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Back from the ceremony (beautiful), the reception (a flash) and the honeymoon in Florida (a day on the beach, followed by sunburns, two days of rain and more laughs I can remember), and just wanted to thank all of the folks who have passed along kind words and kinder wishes.

Mrs. Bobcat (sounds so nice to say that) and I are cleaning the apartment now, unpacking the last couple of dozen gifts and envelopes, all that early marital bliss stuff. After we finish all that cleaning (a little dusty after almost two weeks out of town), I think we can start to settle in. Feels good, feels nice. And now that all the planning is over, we both need a new hobby or two. I have running and reading, she has working out at the Y and, uh, reading. Any ideas?

Also, yes, I promise I will always keep open that line of communication. With my beautiful bride, how can I not? And thanks to Bob Brenly (another Bobcat, for what it's worth) I have mastered the three phrases essential to any happy marriage.

Yes, dear. You're right. I'm sorry.

Draft saved Draft deleted