1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big Ball Theory

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Shrug. Works for me. I have not watched UCLA enough to know if he's the second coming of Michael Jordan, so maybe I'm way off base. I just have a low tolerance for that sort of drama.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

OK.
    I was too strong on the kids. Yeah, they're 16, 18 and 19, which means they have a LOT of growing up to do, but with that as a "father", it's not going to be easy to be a kid ever again. I do think the kid at UCLA is a very good player. He's not beating Steph Curry now. He'll probably never beat Steph Curry.
    I do apologize if I got everyone's dander up.

dixiehack likes this.
  3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Was just exaggerating to make a point. I probably would have been better served to call him a journeyman or something of that nature.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

You might change that plural to singular. Thanks to daddy's whacko pronouncements and some wildly misleading HS stats, I think people have been falsely presuming the younger brothers are similar caliber talents as Lonzo. They're not.

The second brother is really a rather mediocre prospect with nothing close to the same sort of long term potential as Lonzo. He'll quite likely never sniff an NBA roster, much less be a lottery pick. Daddy has done that kid an awful disservice by publicly generating unrealistic expectations that he won't be physically capable of meeting.

As for the third bro, it's still too early to tell. But he's got a mountain of remaining development that may or may not occur before anyone should presume him a lottery pick.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
  5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

This is what I thought this thread would be about:

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Chef2 likes this.
  8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

You two really are humorless ass clowns. I make a Billy Madison reference to the annoying clan who died ridiculously after their car hit a banana peel and your only takeaway is that I want the Ball kids dead. Haha.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  9. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I think my multiple ball jokes on this very thread at least proves the "humorless" part of the above to be false. I have no defense for the "ass," "clown" or "ass clown" assertion.

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

"An Asian guy mimicking a black guy by saying he's an animal with no balls? OMG, that's raycess" -- what you would say if you weren't a consistently hypocritical putz.

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Please come give the toast at my wedding.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

It was a plural "not all the fathers," so "picks" would also be plural.

Draft saved Draft deleted