1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Big 2 1/2

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Sorry but this one deserves it's own thread. Chris Bosh 1 for 18 vs The Bulls last night. One of worst games ever by an NBA starter. Will Perdue was never that bad.

Highlighted the gaping hole of The Heat -- no bench.

Bosh is going to get voted off the island.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I will laugh so hard if the Heat don't win the title this year.

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

When you have LeBron James and Dwyane Wade on your team, what the hell are you doing shooting the ball after starting 1-for-10?

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Good lord. An inside player going 1-18? Did anyone watch? How bad was he?

5. Crash

Crash Active Member

The last three minutes of that game were a clusterfuck for the Heat. Wade completely broke down on defense, allowing Rose an easy pass to Deng for a wide open three. Then LeBron jacked up a contested three with 15 seconds left that barely hit anything. Then, down four with 8 seconds, Wade jacks up a running three that doesn't come close.

And BC, he was atrocious. Boozer crowded him all night, beat him up and forced him outside. And when he did have open looks (most of which were 15-20 foot jumpers), he was laying bricks.

6. Boom_70

He was awful. Took a lot of bad perimeter shots that The Bulls gladly gave him.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Please note that John Starks and Dennis Johnson, to name two, accomplished similar brickwork masterpieces in Game Sevens of NBA Finals. Also, Paul Pierce went 1 for 10 in a Celtic win earlier this month.
    Shoot a lot, eventually you'll have a game where you can't hit the floor with the ball. Heat lost to a tough team on the road. I don't think they'll be NBA champs, but the way every one of their losses is seen as a foreshadowing of doom by some people is just silly.

8. Boom_70

Disagree Michael. Think a big game like that last night highlighted The Heat's weakness that will haunt them all year.

9. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

I had it on but was reading at the same time. Marv (I think, unless he was doing the Celtics-Nuggets) and Reggie kept harping on the lack of bench scoring. At one point, LeBron and Wade had scored the previous 21 for Miami, and toward the end of the game, the bench had two points in the second half. Bosh seemed like an afterthought by then.

Reggie gave Wade a good scolding for leaving Deng alone in the corner to help LeBron on the smaller Rose.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Bosh is the Ray Jackson of the Miami Heat.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Ray Jackson is a good man. You take that back!

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I wish ESPN or the Herald or someone was keeping a running total of how many questions Bosh has been asked in all those press conferences where the three of them sit together. I can't imagine it's more than five or six.

Draft saved Draft deleted