1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bible speaks against girls playing high school football

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gold, Oct 21, 2008.

1. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Jews are good. Christ is good. Man is bad. Women trying to be men is bad.

2. You should not lie with another man as you would with a woman - got that Buck?

3. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Hondo,
    I have fought my entire life against that attitude. I wasn't allowed to play baseball when I was eight years old or nine because I didn't have penis. It didn't matter that I was better than most of the boys. No penis, no play. I didn't understand it then. I did get to play THREE FUCKING YEARS after the passage of Title IX. Eventually, the town developed girls leagues and life became more equal. Any girl with the physical ability to compete against guys, should be allowed to tryout for a spot. If she's good enough, she plays. WTF is wrong with that? Other sports, other sports. Absolutely, there are other sports. But there is only one football in a football obsessed nation. And if little Susie can kick the fucking ball 40 yards through the uprights and has the passion and desire to do it, who the fuck are you to say she can't? Men need stuff of their own? You've owned the western world since it became. We ask no pardon for taking that which should never have been denied. Since I was eight years old, attitudes like yours have cut me to the quick. To see it here, now in 2008, quite simply enrages me.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I've been gone from the board for quite a while, but it's not entirely surprising that some people's rather archaic way of thinking hasn't changed a bit.

And does anyone find it interesting that the Bible passage supposedly citing this wasn't included in the story, beyond a mention of Romans?

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

If you never got the chance to kick that extra point, I wish you had.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

kicking is on my mind, but a football isn't.

7. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I expected this post to come from JR or HC... very nice.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Hear, hear.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I have read the story linked early in this thread. Does it specify the reason for the objection to this girl's participation? Is there a chapter and verse cited? Is a principle cited?
    Did I miss something? If I did, please let me know.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i have the first one: she doesn't own a cock, which makes her different.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

No chapter, no verse. The coach in question bastardized the book of Romans so it would fit his argument.

12. KG

KG Active Member

The only thing I can think of that could possibly pulled from the bible is where it says something about a woman not dressing as a man and a man not dressing as a woman. I can't remember where it is though.

Draft saved Draft deleted