1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Bet Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Overrated, Sep 8, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hey, loser moves to Cleveland! Then you're both winners.

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Because he'll bring his dad.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

solid.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Tipping cars?

5. Jay Sherman

Jay Sherman Member

:-[

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

winner gives loser a teabag. but PO probably likes that knowing he made a bet after daytrois lost to the falcons and da bears ramrodded the indy peytons.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Touche.

8. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Loser has to wear a jersey or hat for the opposing team each Sunday of the following season.

9. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

The winner of the bet selects the avatar of the loser, who must display it from the end of the regular season (don't worry about the postseason) to the close of the Super Bowl. The loser must write a new sig every day, positively honoring the teams of the winner's city.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I like Mikey's idea. In fact, I like it better than forcing the looser to sing "Man! I Feel Like A Woman" at karaoke while wearing underwear on his head and posting the video on YouTube for SportsJournalists.com's collective agony amusement entertainment.

That is, if betting weren't immoral for sports journalists. Since it is, you didn't hear it from me, oh no you didn't! </Benita Butrell (In Living Color)>

11. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Mikey and FT,

We've already discussed the avatar change, but I'm not willing to change mine. I've had it since Day 1 and it's not up for removal. It defines me. That said, I'll do anything else. Anything.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's how I was with Mr. Morris. I was afraid people would think lesser of me once I changed it.

Draft saved Draft deleted