1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The best/worst practical joke/revenge you've ever been a part of or heard

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by westcoastvol, Feb 9, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

My friends and I in college would always mess with each other's trays when at the dining hall. If you stepped away to get a drink or something, you'd come back to a tray full of juice and their dirty dishes all over your stuff. We all knew it was in good fun and didn't mean disrespect. It sucked when you had to carry that tray across the dining room to the dishwashing area and have everyone see the mess of a tray you had.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I wasn't a part of this one, thank goodness. But it's still the best I've heard and it's not even close.

My stepfather had a friend get married back in the day, and they decided to prank him by putting Limburger cheese on the intake manifold of his vehicle. The smell was so bad that the guy had to eventually sell the vehicle.

3. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

This was on my Facebook 25. It was also mentioned a while back on a similar thread.

We took a pig's head from our high school renaissance fair and stuck it next to the drive-through speaker at a local Del Taco.

Before this, we drove around our city trying to figure out what to do with it when one of my friends and I simultaneously had this brainstorm. She pulled into the Del Taco we used to go to and we slapped it next to the drive-thru speaker.

One of my best friends hung a sign around it reading "Try Our New Pork Burrito." We watched at least five cars drive through and comment on it ("EEEEW GROSS!!!!!" or "I see you met my mother-in-law"" or "I'd like to try your new pork burrito. It looks pretty good...") before the drive-thru order-taker (another classmate) came out, followed by the witch of a manager.

They were speaking back and forth about the pig's head over the drive-through speaker. Hilarious.

We were laughing so hard we barely were able to jump-start my friend's POS of a truck and exit stage left.

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Pulled a "shrimp chair" on a dipshit editor:

1. Remove seat from desk chair

2. Pour frozen shrimp into support pillar

3. Replace seat

4. Enjoy several days of watching victim try to figure out what the hell that smell is and where it's coming from

* Not recommended if you or anyone you like sit within 10 feet of victim

5. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

At the college newspaper, our EIC was very strict about her chair. It was the best in the office, it was comfortable, and it even had wheels! When someone took it or was using it when she needed it, hell fire and brimestone rained down on the office.

For an April Fool's Day joke, several of us decided to dismantle the chair and pack each piece into its own separate box and then have it mailed to her via the school mail system. For example, one box had a wheel while another had another wheel and an arm rest, etc.

It was pretty fun until she demanded everything was returned.

6. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

I once filled a friend's windshield wiper fluid reservoir with super-sweet fruit drink. He could never figure out why his wipers weren't working correctly or why they'd stick to the window, and I sure as shit never told him.

7. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

When I was in college, one of my buddies passed out from drinking the night before and was a notoriously heavy sleeper. We spent a long time trying to find out what we could do that would be so unique that he would laugh about it for a while, yet really get him good at the time.

One friend, who worked in a dining hall, managed to yank a whole roll of plastic wrap one night - and since it was the dining hall, he might have had up to 100 yards on that roll. Thing was huge and heavy.

When the kid fell asleep in his bed one night - the bottom bunk - we encased the whole thing in the plastic wrap that it was like he was in a glass tomb. Then, knowing he was supposed to go home the next day (or his parents were visiting - I can't remember), we took almost everything of his that he owned in the room and coated it in the wrap.

Boxers were individually wrapped, T-shirts, socks, books, the chair, the desk, you name it. We went wild with this thing.

Worst part was that I wasn't there for the unveiling in the morning, but all I remember is seeing massive balls of plastic wrap in the hallway.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Toilet. Knox unflavored gelatin mix. Ice cubes. Loosened light bulbs. Petroleum jelly on inside bathroom door knob. :D

Corded phone? Disconnect the handset cord from the back of the base, pushing the plug underneath the base to hide it. Leave the handset resting in the cradle.

Switch your target's computer keyboard layout to Dvorak. Obviously, leave the standard QWERTY keyboard attached to the computer. This will confuse even experienced and savvy computer technicians.

Hide an Annoy-a-tron somewhere in your target's workspace. It has a magnet on the back so you can stick one on the back of something metal, say ... on the back of a metal drawer inside a metal file cabinet, for instance, or inside a desktop computer case. Better yet: hide several of them. Will drive your victim absolutely batshit-crazy with randomly-timed beeps. (I hope my ex-boss enjoyed his trio. Sumbitch deserved it.)

If you are apprehended, the Secretary will disavow you and your activities. This post will self-destruct in five seconds.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Upper-decker at the Martzke's.

10. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Damn, that's a great invention. Reminds me of the time I checked into a multi-room hotel suite and there was a random beep every 5 minutes or so. Turned out to be a little radon sensor in an outlet, but it drove me completely insane until I found the source.

Draft saved Draft deleted