1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The best/worst practical joke/revenge you've ever been a part of or heard

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by westcoastvol, Feb 9, 2009.

1. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

kicking team or receiving team...

Just came up as a friend of mine was telling me how a buddy of his was getting married and the night before the wedding, they got the groom so drunk that one of the groomsmen (in residency at the time), plaster-casted the groom's left arm and right leg.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Re: The best/worst practical joke you've ever been a part of

In college, I had a roommate ready to eat dog vomit, but another roommate couldn't take the pressure and warned him before the bite.

Had a friend convince that people were coming over to do an intervention at my apartment. I started cleaning and throwing out liquor bottles and beer cans.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Simple but fun. I managed to slip one of those room service menus over a buddy's door as I was leaving his room. I asked for a SHIT-TON of food to be delivered at 5:45 a.m., not long after he went to bed. He had a bitch of a time trying to convince the hotel he didn't order it. I couldn't ask too many questions about how it was resolved but I was told he didn't get off scot free.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I think I've posted this here before, but...

My fellow Posties and I tin-foiled the night editor's desk (and everything on it) while he was on vacation.
    [​IMG]

... and then everyone ganged up on me when I was out of the office a few months later, constructing a cardboard box house around my desk:
    [​IMG]

5. lono

lono Active Member

I was awakened at 4 a.m. by the future Mrs. Lono, who was dressed in a French maid's outfit and armed with a feather duster.

To my horror, I looked up and saw two men standing in the doorway of our bedroom.

Once I got my eyes fully opened, I realized they were my best friends and they were kidnapping me to take me to Bermuda for my bachelor party.

It was awesome.

6. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

The guy who sat in the office next to me was a bit of a diva. But hated clowns.

He made the mistake of admitting that clowns scare him not too long after he ran his mouth at me one day. Me and another co-worker "clowned" his office a few weeks later. everything in his office was one big clown-photos, statues, a clown wig, even a clown hung in effigy.

He came back to work a few days later.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

21 and I are really the same person. I've fooled you all for years.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Took the letterhead of a local minor league team and typed up a letter stating that a co-worker was too aggressive in his courting of a female usher who was in high school at the time.

When I worked at a summer camp, I told a kid that a major New York baseball star was traded. Led the kid on for weeks, and he did not find out until he made his one call home. I guess the kid was writing letters home to all of his friends for weeks demanding more information about the trade.

At the same summer camp, pre-drilled holes around the bunk of a counselor to fasten in a pre-constructed wooden box that fit over his bed. When the person awoke, he was trapped in a box. He did not take it well. We had to destroy the video tape for legal reasons.

When a buddy had a big date with a girl, we took every pair of shoes he owned as he was showering (including every shoe in the house) with the exception of one brown shoe and one black shoe and left the apartment. I love the plausible out jokes.

Those are the first ones that come to mind.

9. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Kicking team: When I lived in an apartment with some roommates, one of them was notorious for taking other people's food. It drove my other roommate nuts, so for revenge, the other roommate and I melted some Exlax and put it on some pasta he'd made. I suggested putting soy sauce on it too to pretend that's what it was, so we did. Unfortunately, the mooching roommate didn't eat the pasta and the other guy ended up throwing the pasta out.

Receiving team: This one didn't work at all, either. Some folks at the school paper put a bucket of something (I don't remember what) above the door so it would hit me when I walked in. I saw the very edge of the bucket, so I wasn't going in there, even though some random person (whom I found out later was in on the joke) tried to basically push me into the office.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Loosed about 500 crickets into someone's room in the barracks. He had to sleep somewhere else for a week.

Turned two chickens into another's room. Shit all over the place.

Pissed in a paper plate and left it outside in freezing temperatures. Later slid it under a friend's door, leading him to believe he pissed in the floor.

Receiving end: A guy stepping out of the shower told me the hot water was broke, so I took a cold shower without even trying to turn the hot on.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That happened to me too. She was awesome.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

My dad told me this one. He was in the Air Force, worked in a garage with a dude. Dude's wife calls one day and asks to talk to him. Dad -- after a flash of brilliance -- says "well, today's Tuesday. Tom has every Tuesday off." Wife says "Since when?" Dad says, oh... been months, now. Then, lets the dude walk into the resultant hellfire storm as he goes home that night. Waited until 8 p.m. to call the wife and tell her he lied.

Dude decked my dad first thing the next morning, but 30 minutes later was laughing with him.

Draft saved Draft deleted