1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The best there is at what he does, and what he does is create smokers?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, May 29, 2009.

1. The whole problem would be solved if the MPAA would just go away forever.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I believe it would have enhanced my experience as a viewer of the film had they chosen to show Silver Fox's boobs and taken out the cigars.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

A sex scene between the two of them would have greatly enhanced my viewing experience, especially if it showed Hugh's butt.

4. outofplace

There was more than enough of naked Hugh, tyvm, but that was just another thing that would have made sense that they left out so they could market to the kiddies.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Holy shit, I wonder where that's been.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If you smoke after sex ....

....you need to use more KY.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I thought this thread was about:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

It's a fucking cigarette. Get over it.

Your kid sees Wolverine smoke and wants to take up the habit? Tough shit, be a better parent.

It's amazing how stupid people must really be if something as simple as seeing a comic book character puffing away makes them want to go out and shorten their life span by a decade or two.

Actually, you know what, I say let every character ever smoke. Think of it as natural selection. Shit, first pack's on me.

9. outofplace

While I agree that the fuss over Wolverine smoking is silly, it is every bit as silly to think people are ready to make that decision when they are in their early teens.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

There is absolutely a cumulative effect on an individual's perception of a behavior when it is consistently modeled as acceptable or normal by popular culture.

Whether that makes it okay to try to regulate or restrict it is a whole other story.

11. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

And that's what parenting is for. Subbing out the cigarette Wolverine is going to smoke with a Snickers bar isn't going to change whether or not little Tommy has enough positive influences in his life to prevent him from taking that first drag.

12. outofplace

That is an incredibly naive point of view, and a little insulting to parents of smokers everywhere. It ain't all about parenting. My brother started smoking when he was 12. I've never taken a puff.

Draft saved Draft deleted