1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The best Thanksgiving dish you ever had

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Care Bear, Nov 16, 2011.

1. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Did you do them in the oven for an hour? Wondering if they turned out crunchy or if the potatoes cooked all the way. I'm doing this one this afternoon at the in-laws and don't want it to be underdone.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Well, shit. So much for that Best Thanksgiving story (even tho we ended up dating for a couple of years before she turned to teh gay).

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Sorry I didn't see this until now. Yeah, it's about an hour around 375-400. Only the top is crunchy; the cream keeps the rest of it soft.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Make it six Cornish hens and two bottles of Scotch.
    Change 1995 to 1947.
    Change Thanksgiving to any random Wednesday, and change your handle to Churchill.

5. Oven-roasted turkey, mushroom and white cheddar sub with Swiss, two days ago. Thanksgiving alone pays off beautifully.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Two things I did this Thanksgiving for the first time that I will always do each Thankgiving for as long as I can still cook.

I brined the bird, and I made fresh cranberry sauce. Not hard to do, and it really pays off.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Laughed out loud, for the first time, today.

Kudos.

Draft saved Draft deleted