1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The best Thanksgiving dish you ever had

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Care Bear, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Bring some hot pockets. :D

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Too bad you didn't tell your mother, "I'm the one planning and preparing the meal so you'll eat what I serve." It'd be good payback for all the times your mother made you clean your plate no matter what. :D

On a serious note, with all the hard work that goes into planning a Thanksgiving meal, including deciding what foods to prepare, buying the groceries, preparing the food, cleaning the house and/or the kitchen and taking into account dietary concerns of the people who are eating your meal, your mother shouldn't have veto rights over your meal.

If she doesn't like what you serve, she can always be the one to cook the meal. Or if she can't cook, there's always that restaurant that's open on Thanksgiving even though the workers whine about it being unfair. </crossthread>

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

A bacon bomb:

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Candied yams with marshmellows on top.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

As long as they're lumpy.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Sweet potatoes/yams suck. Almost as much as green bean casserole. [/assuring both will be on the menu in some form]

7. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

How weird is it to prepare a Mexican-style Thanksgiving dinner? I mean, is that really weird? Thinking along the lines of chorizo stuffing, chili-lime brocoli, baked potatoes w/ chili con queso, Mexi-style corn, etc...not sure about the main dish yet. Anyone know of a Mexican bird? Can I get a Roadrunner somewhere?

I should add that we are doing the dinner this weekend, because we won't be able to get together on the actual holiday this year. So the whole family is still getting the traditional Thanksgiving dinner next week, we're just all doing it in different places.

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Sweet potatoes are like a funeral in my mouth. I'm still makiing them for you, though.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I have a Brussels sprouts recipe so good that people who don't like Brussels sprouts will eat them. Any interest?

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Actually, I was looking at some Brussel sprouts in the store the other day, trying to figure out how to cook them. I would love the recipe. :)

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Come on!

12. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Trim the Brussels sprouts, then cut in half lengthwise. In a medium hot frying pan, melt several tablespoons of butter with minced fresh garlic to taste. When the butter is completely melted, place the sprouts face down in the frying pan, cover and set heat to low and leave for 20 minutes. Next, place sprouts in bowl and toss with several tablespoons of grated parmesan.

Brussels sprouts a la Deb. You won't be sorry.

Draft saved Draft deleted